Train Switches appear in Banjo-Tooie and are used to open the Train Stations in the worlds (except Glitter Gulch Mine's train station which is already opened) so that Banjo and Kazooie can travel between them via Chuffy. The switches are usually hidden in out-of-the-way places.
Locations of Train Switches
- Isle o' Hags: Near the train station on the Cliff Top, on a ledge. You need to use Banjo's Grip Grab to get to it.
- Witchyworld: Inside the train station, in a small cave above the coffins.
- Terrydactyland: Near Wumba's Wigwam, beneath Dippy's pool.
- Grunty Industries: To the right of the entrance (while facing the building), past the long building.
- Hailfire Peaks (Fire Side): In one of the small alcoves of the Colosseum, accessible by Grip Grabbing from the entrance to the train station.
- Hailfire Peaks (Icy Side): Up a ramp near Boggy's Igloo. This switch can only be pushed down by the Snowball transformation at full size.
- Mayahem Temple, Jolly Roger's Lagoon, and Cloud Cuckooland do not have Train Stations, and therefore no Train Switch.
- In order to go to the station on the Icy Side of Hailfire Peaks, the player must take Chuffy to the station on the Fire Side and cool down Chuffy's boiler using Gobi's stored water.