Train Switches appear in Banjo-Tooie and are used to open the Train Stations in the worlds (except Glitter Gulch Mine's train station which is already opened) so that Banjo and Kazooie can travel between them via Chuffy. The switches are usually hidden in out-of-the-way places.
Locations of Train Switches
- Isle o' Hags: Near the train station on the Cliff Top, on a ledge. You need to use Banjo's Grip Grab to get to it.
- Witchyworld: Inside the train station, in a small cave above the coffins.
- Terrydactyland: Near Wumba's Wigwam, beneath Dippy's pool.
- Grunty Industries: Once you enter the world and go through the main doors, Look straight ahead and you will see a large building. Go to the right where you see the wall with the latter. Climb over the wall and jump down over the wall or climb down the latter on the other side. The switch for the train will be right in front of you, may have to look down some to see it.
- Hailfire Peaks (Fire Side): Once you have gotten to the Lava side of Hailfire peaks, There will be a LARGE colosseum a little bit to the right. You need to go up into the higher tunnel on the right. Its the second or third tunnel up on the RIGHT side you'll see it while looking at the colosseum. You will need the flight pad to obtain the switch. Not grip grab.
- Hailfire Peaks (Icy Side): Up a ramp near Boggy's Igloo. This switch can only be pushed down by Snowball transformation at full size.
- Mayahem Temple, Jolly Roger's Lagoon, and Cloud Cuckooland do not have Train Stations, and therefore no Train Switch.
- In order to go to the station on the Icy Side of Hailfire Peaks, the player must take Chuffy to the station on the Fire Side and cool down Chuffy's boiler using Gobi's stored water.