|Game(s)|| Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)|
Ssslumber is an enormous, albeit rather lethargic, green rattlesnake who appears in Banjo-Tooie. Ssslumber has a keen sense of hearing and is found in Mayahem Temple, specifically in the Jade Snake Grove, which is aptly named after him. He is constantly sleeping, and only awakens when he hears someone attempting to steal his Jiggy, which he vigilantly guards on top of the Code Room pyramid where he resides. He cleverly surrounds his Jiggy with a mat of loose twigs which will snap underfoot, alerting him to any would-be thieves.
Only by climbing up onto a small twig-less portion of the ground and then tiptoeing by pushing very lightly as they walk across the branches can Banjo and Kazooie sneak up on Ssslumber and grab the Jiggy without waking him.
Alternatively, Ssslumber's Jiggy can also been gotten with a well-placed Clockwork Kazooie Egg.
- Ssslumber: Thought you'd steal Ssslumber's gold huh?
- Kazooie: Well, yes, to be honest.
- Ssslumber: Well to bad, I heard ssstupid bear coming!
- It seems bear and bird have gone. Mussst get sssome more sssleep...
- Interestingly, after Banjo and Kazooie have collected his Jiggy, Ssslumber will not wake up again, regardless of how much noise they make on the branches.
- Ssslumber's name is a pun on the word "slumber" (in reference to his tendency to sleep) but spelled with two extra "-ss" to emulate a hissing sound.
- He is the "Jade Snake" that Jade Snake Grove is named after.