Mumbo's Mountain is the first of nine worlds in Gruntilda's Lair which Banjo and Kazooie visit in Banjo-Kazooie. The door to this level is located just to the right of the entrance to the lair, so the player should have no trouble finding it. The puzzle is conveniently located right next to the world's entrance beyond a small fenced area and only requires one Jiggy to complete. This is the first world in which Mumbo's Skull is located.
Points of Interest
- Destroy the Orange Pads: At Conga's Tree, you must make Conga throw an orange at you while you are on top of one of the orange pads on the ground. Make him hit all three pads to obtain a Jiggy.
- Give Chimpy an Orange: Climb up Conga's Tree and grab the orange there. Then walk over to Chimpy and give him the orange in return for a Jiggy.
- Defeat Conga: Stand on the top tree platform so you are at equal height with Conga and fire eggs at him when his guard is down. After 3 hits, he will drop a Jiggy.
- Jump into Mumbo's Eye: Do a Flap Flip jump into the right eye of Mumbo's Skull, which contains a Jiggy.
- Destroy the Huts: Destroy the huts in Mumbo's Village with the Beak Buster ability. The last one destroyed contains a Jiggy.
- Near the ruins: In the middle of the Stonehenge ruins, near the molehill where Bottles teaches you the Talon-Trot.
- Feed Juju: Fire eggs into each mouth of the Juju Totem Pole until they all have disappeared.
- On the hill: On the steep hill between the Village and the Entrance area.
- On top of Termite Mound: Change into a Termite and climb to the top of the Termite Mound to find the Jiggy.
- Find the Jinjos: Find all 5 Jinjos.
- Blue - On an island in the middle of the lake.
- Green - In the 4th destroyed hut near Mumbo's Skull.
- Orange - On the Stonehenge Ruins.
- Purple - On a platform near the Entrance area.
- Yellow - On the slope between the Ruins and Conga's Tree.
- In a small alcove on the hill above the lake. You need to be a Termite by speaking to Mumbo Jumbo. You can also get it with a well-timed jump from the fence above as Banjo and Kazooie.
- When one segment of the Juju Totem Pole is left, jump on top of it and Flap Flip to retrieve the honeycomb.
- Located on the platforms along the cliff near Conga's Tree. Banjo must have already raised the tree stump on which Chimpy is standing. The Jiggy appears at the top of the mountain outside in Gruntilda's Lair where the world's entry and exit is. Exit the world as the Termite transformation and climb the mountain to get it.
- Behind the Purple Jinjo.
- On one of the edges near the Witch Switch.
- Inside the Termite Mound.
- Behind the Stonehenge Ruins.
- Under the small "bridge" to Mumbo's Skull.
- At the top of the Termite Mound, near the exit.
- Inside the 5th destroyed hut in the village.
The Stonehenge ruins and the particular slope where it rests are recreated in Nuts & Bolts' third world, Banjoland as its own segment. It is larger here and sits amongst the Kickball Pitch, Golden Goliath and Targitzan on the top of the hill.
"Stonehenge. Brought here from Mumbo's Mountain, Banjo-Kazooie's first ever challenge level. L.O.G. has needed to enlarge it slightly and apply new textures to make it look a little less last-last-gen."
- Originally, the music for this world was different, but Grant Kirkhope was asked to change it. The original song can be heard in the Termite Mound.
- Of all of the worlds which feature a transformation in both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, this is the only one where the transformation can be skipped and still be able to get 100%. Using a combination of very quick jumping and possibly the Beak Buster, both Ticker's Tower and the mountain above the world's entrance can be scaled without the Termite transformation.
- This is the only world that neither a Flight Pad nor Shock Jump Pad can be found. All other worlds have both or at least one of them.
- A recreated version of Mumbo's Mountain was used as a beta level for testing the vehicle mechanics in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
Names in Other Languages
|Spanish||Montaña de Mumbo (BKNB)||Mumbo's Mountain|
|French||Montagne de Mumbo||Mumbo's Mountain|
|German||Mumbo's Mountain||Mumbo's Mountain|
|Italian||Montagna di Mumbo||Mumbo's Mountain|
|Worlds||Mumbo's Mountain · Treasure Trove Cove · Clanker's Cavern · Bubblegloop Swamp · Freezeezy Peak · Gobi's Valley · Mad Monster Mansion · Rusty Bucket Bay · Click Clock Wood|
|Overworld||Spiral Mountain · Gruntilda's Lair · Grunty's Furnace Fun · Top of the Tower|
|Cut Worlds||Fungus Forest · Mount Fire Eyes · Temple Test Level|