|World Learned|| Terrydactyland|
|Used with|| + |
Hatch is an ability which Kazooie alone can learn from Jamjars in Terrydactyland, and is executed by holding and pressing . It allows Kazooie to sit on top of an object and warm it with her downy feathers. This ability is primarily used for hatching eggs, such as the eggs which Terry lost in Terrydactyland, although it could potentially be used on anything that needs warming up (and won't respond to fire).
The Hatch ability can be used ten times in Banjo-Tooie':
- In Jolly Roger's Lagoon, Tiptup's egg is very overdue in hatching, and requires a hand from Kazooie.
- In Terrydactyland, Terry's four eggs need hatching after Terry is defeated, and then the fourth baby must be carried back to Terry's nest with the Taxi Pack move.
- In Hailfire Peaks, the Alien baby must be warmed up with the Hatch move, as Fire Eggs and Dragon Kazooie's fire breath have no effect on it.
- In Cloud Cuckooland, there are three eggs to hatch, all of which contain a rare Floatus Floatium Creature.
- In the Isle O' Hags, there is a Yellow Stop 'n' Swop egg in Heggy's Egg Shed. Hatching this will grant the ability to use Jinjo in multiplayer games.
- I can't believe that
- you're a bird,
- who can't hatch eggs
- it's so absurd!
- So hold down and
- then press ,
- then a real bird I'll
- finally see!