After exploring a freezing cold peak and getting attacked by abominable snowmen, our heroes decide to go someplace a bit warmer. They enter the trunk of a palm tree, only to be transported back in time to the land of the pharaohs, where they explore cursed pyramids and solve ancient puzzles.
Gobi's Valley is the sixth world accessed from Gruntilda's Lair in Banjo-Kazooie. This level features three pyramids, a sphinx, and even a giant golden Kazooie statue. This is the first of two levels (the other being Click Clock Wood), to feature Gobi, a camel who ends up hating you as you use the Beak Buster on his hump and take his stuff.
Points of InterestEdit
- King Sandybutt's Tomb
- Rubee's Pyramid
- Ancient Door
- Water Pyramid
- Grabba's Island
- Gobi's Island
- Grab the Jiggy from Grabba using the Turbo Trainers (or Beak Bomb).
- There is a pyramid with a switch on top, press it then run inside and finish the matching game.
- Get the sand tomb to flood, then shoot eggs in the mini sphinx's mouths. Go inside the newly risen pyramid and race to the end.
- Find Gobi and destroy the rock he is tied up to.
- After the previous Jiggy, go to the world entrance and Beak Bust Gobi.
- Jump on a pair of cacti to spit eggs in Jinxy's nose. Then go inside and shoot eggs to raise carpets and climb to the top.
- Fly through all of The Ancient One's rings.
- Beak Bomb the Kazooie target, then go inside and lay eggs into the spinning basket. Climb up the snake to reach the Jiggy.
- Use the Turbo Trainers and stand on a switch, run inside and collect the Jiggy. This will flood the sand tomb.
- Find all 5 Jinjos.
- Blue - Swim down into the sandpit when it floods with water.
- Green - Behind the pyramid with a honeycomb switch on it.
- Orange - In the sphinx raise the first magic carpet by spitting eggs in the sphinx head,then look behind you.
- Purple - Go to the pharaoh's tomb and jump in a vase.
- Yellow - Behind starting point on a rock.
- Inside a Cactus (taken in flight), after hitting the switch behind one of the pyramids.
- In Gobi, in the third spot he appears.
- Inside King Sandybutt's maze. Opens a sarcophagus near the giant pot. Use the Shock Spring Pad to reach the Jiggy.
- Above the sphinx's nose.
- Within Kazooie's Temple.
- At the end of Sandybutt's maze in a pot.
- In memory match pyramid.
- On the exit of ziggurat.
- In the corner left of the sphinx.
- On the surface of the water inside the Ziggurat (unless you are skilled with jumping, you will not be able to reach it once the water drains).
- Behind the sphinx in the corner (use Wading Boots)
- In the maze in King Sandybutt's Tomb
- On top of the Water Pyramid (the one you have to hurry to get inside)
- Blue Mystery Egg - The Blue Mystery Egg is in a room in the back of Gobi's Valley near Gobi's third hiding spot. You must hit the switch to open the sarcophagus, revealing the Egg.
- Gobi the Camel
- Jinxy the Sphinx
- Trunker the Palm Tree
- The Ancient Ones
- Rubee the Snake Charmer
- Histup the Snake
Names in Other LanguagesEdit
Gobi Barei Sabaku
|Gobi's Desert Valley|
|Spanish||El Valle de Gobi (BKNB)||Gobi's Valley|
|French||Vallée de Gobi||Gobi's valley|
|German||Gobi's Valley||Gobi's Valley|
|Italian||La Valle di Gobi||Gobi's Valley|
See also:Gobi's Valley/Gallery
|Main Worlds:||Mumbo's Mountain · Treasure Trove Cove · Clanker's Cavern · Bubblegloop Swamp · Freezeezy Peak · Gobi's Valley · Mad Monster Mansion · Rusty Bucket Bay · Click Clock Wood|
|Other Worlds:||Spiral Mountain · Gruntilda's Lair · Grunty's Furnace Fun · Top of the Tower|
|Beta Worlds:||Giant's Lair · Fungus Forest · Hammerhead Beach · Mount Fire Eyes · Prickly Pear Island|